- Are you looking for the story titled Twiright Prank?
- "If we join hands, we get an orange sky."
- ―Riliane and Alexiel Lucifen d'Autriche[src]
Twiright Prank is a song released on January 27, 2010 as part of The Daughter of Evil ~Gemini of Charm~ stage production and later uploaded with a PV by Akuno-P on August 3 the same year. It is the fifth song in The Daughter of Evil Series and acts as a prequel to the other songs in the series.
On a beach, two twins, a boy and a girl, are alone in the twilight. The girl trips and is comforted by the boy, as she notes they should get home before it becomes dark. The boy witnesses a hungry demon threatening them and wants to go home before they're eaten. They both note how they found and buried a chest on the beach, but it's too dark to find it. The two decide to "split" the twilight between each other, the girl being "day" and the boy being "night," creating a "beautiful orange sky" when they hold hands. Later, as a bell tolls three times, the demon returns; the girl refuses to share her snack with the demon, but the boy feels pity and gives some of his. In return, the demon tells him a secret about the ocean. Later, the boy promises to share the secret with the girl.
The Daughter of EvilEdit
The Daughter of Evil details the later life of Riliane Lucifen d'Autriche, showing how she grows up to be a tyrannical princess and is eventually overthrown by her own people.
The Servant of EvilEdit
The Servant of Evil details the later life of Alexiel Lucifen d'Autriche, showing how he grows up to become Riliane's servant, Allen Avadonia, and sacrifices himself for her sake.
Regret Message recounts Riliane's actions after The Daughter of Evil, detailing her repentance and efforts to cope with what she has done by means of the titular message.
Conceptualization and OriginEdit
- The word twiright is an Engrish derivative of the word "twilight"; on his blog, mothy states he intentionally changed the spelling to create a portmanteau of the words "twist" and "right".
- The song is performed by Rin and Len, with Alexiel giving the sweet to the demon and Riliane refusing to share hers, reinforcing the wordplay.
- The "prank" performed in the song refers to the mischievous trick played on the twins by Abyss I.R., who purposefully set them up to be attacked by the demon.
- The song's English title, "Day and night", alludes to the twins' decision to split day and night between them.
- A short story elaborating on the events in the song is included in Entr'acte of Evil: The Daughter of Evil Worldguide.
- In the song PV, a stylized silhouette of the Demon of Gluttony appears in the form of Banica Conchita.
- The secret of the ocean mentioned references Regret Message, where Riliane remembers Alexiel telling her about the legend; its role and origin is further elaborated upon in the novels The Daughter of Evil: Clôture of Yellow and The Daughter of Evil: Wiegenlied of Green.
- The twins' division of the day and night is reflected in their fates, with Riliane being the public face hated by all while her brother would be relatively unknown, his shady actions obscured in history.
- The song was originally composed for the Theater Play event performed by Asami Shimoda, the voice provider for Kagamine Rin and Len.
- The surname of Seth Twiright contains the same meaning and wordplay on "twilight" as the song, although the two are from completely different series and bear no other apparent connection.