FANDOM


  • GreekTelepath
    GreekTelepath closed this thread because:
    Too big
    21:38, February 27, 2018

    Just a few hours ago, Mothy posted this picture on Twitter and used it as his profile picture (albeit without the text). Mothy usually does this for song releases, so interpret it as you will.

    I'd also like to bring up the fact that the tentative title of the next Deadly Sins of Evil light novel is "Deadly Sins of Evil: Master of the Heavenly Yard".

    MothyTeaser1556
      Loading editor
    • Some people have suggested that 15:56 applies to Corinthian I 15:56 which is The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law.

        Loading editor
    • Anyone else here think the background of the image looks really similar to the cover of Evils Theater? Because that's getting my hopes up for a possible Clockwork Lullaby remaster after all this time, assuming this is an album announcement.

      Regardless, I am extremely excited, but also mildly frightened of whatever curveballs mothy will throw at us next.

        Loading editor
    • Looks like part of a PV to me--the little dress thing in the corner doesn't look like something that woud be painted onto an album cover, it sticks out too much. But I could be wrong.

        Loading editor
    • We should add this to the black box's article, it looks like it'd make a nice avi
      Black box
        Loading editor
    • I was thinking it looked like an album. The dress part looks like it most likely belongs to Riliane so whatever it is could go over what happens when Allen and Riliane meet but like the world has already ended so ???? who knows.

        Loading editor
    • I posted about this on tumblr earlier but okay, the teaser image DEFINITELY looks really similar to the Evils Theater album cover. It's definitely better drawn (which is understandable given that Evils Theater came out almost a decade ago), but it definitely has the giant gears, the white-to-gold gradient, and even the same weird transparent texture-y wires. I'm pretty sure this is intentional, and I'm super excited by what this could imply (Clockwork Lullaby remaster! Clockwork Lullaby remaster! Clockwork Lullaby remaster! Please give us a Clockwork Lullaby remaster! It's been nine years!).

      Also in looking all of that up I realized that EC turns 10 next year and do you ever just get really frightened of the passing of time. I can't believe that we may finally get answers to near-decade-old questions.

        Loading editor
    • Maybe we will finally learn the identity of our mysterious rin singer then

      I'm still betting on her being the Rin counterpart to the Boy that Punishment was derived from

        Loading editor
    • On the avi, I think we should wait a little bit, just because of the little dress frill in the corner. Maybe see if it is an actual PV and check for a shot of the box that doesn't have that in there?

      Honestly, even though it means we'll probably get less information, I'm kind of hoping it's a PV. Much easier to get access to than an album (someone's gonna have to stalk the Chinese fans again).

        Loading editor
    • I mean, we can just crop the image :b but sure if you want to we can wait

        Loading editor
    • If it looks good cropped, by all means let's make it the avi! 0o0

        Loading editor
    • 15:56 is either a countdown or a time, which makes me wonder if it's a PV over album. Probably if it is a PV, it's a teaser for an album.

        Loading editor
    • Lovely quality I must say, unless they make a bigger one of course.

        Loading editor
    • A summer album, Master of the Heavenly Yard, has been announced for Comiket with a 16 minute song. I'm going to do my best to procure a copy for the wiki, but anyone else's help is appreciated. If you can secure an extra copy and would be willing to sell it to me, send me a message for details.

        Loading editor
    • Comiket is Aug 11-13. Brace yourselves, everyone. Also, here's the full picture mothy tweeted.

      HeavenlyAlbumAllenRiliane
        Loading editor
    • On a more personal note, I'm thinking the album will concern Allen and Riliane's final reunion after the end of the world, as well as Allen saving it. I'd also like to note the similarity between the picture and the album cover of Evils Theater; this may mean we're finally getting answers on mothy's older songs such as Wordplay and Clockwork Lullaby.

        Loading editor
    • I'm gonna be honest in that I don't think Allen alone is going to save he world, as in RPG terms he was the fake-out protag who "replaced" the missing protagonist (Elluka/Levia). I also don't think we'll be getting the ending of Evillious anywhere but a novel.

      What I am expecting is that we'll be getting some answers about HOW we're going to do this.

        Loading editor
    • mothy is still not sure if he wants to have a PV made to promote album... We might have to wait for a long time.

        Loading editor
    • I'm going to have to point out that nah, Allen was always a major character if not outright protagonist, and Elluka/Levia is more of a spotlight thief who highjacked the plot once mothy started to solidify things. My source is that I've been here since 2010 and saw Elluka and Irina's takeover happen in real time.

      I do agree that Allen probably won't be alone in saving the world, and there probably will be a novel to wrap things up (especially given that endgame technically started in 2014, when master of the hellish yard dropped and Nemesis bombed everything), but at the end of the day given that the series literally started with Wordplay&Clockwork Lullaby and Daughter&Servant of Evil, it'll probably end with those in some way to bring it full circle. And that it's also unfair to call Allen a decoy protagonist when he's always been a central character.



      On that note, I called it! The cover is calling back to Evils Theater!

        Loading editor
    • And I've been here since well before the novels. Elluka has been the closest we've had to a protagonist because she's consistently been present through every major arc until Envy and Greed, when Allen got to be the protagonist for a bit--I don't see how Allen could be THE protag when he was missing through a good half of the series (he wasn't even born in Lunacy and Food Eater, and appeared nowhere in Gift/Pierrot). She isn't a spotlight thief if she's the one Mothy decided to have consistent. Allen is, in the case, because he came in and was relatively static in his motivations (to the detriment to his character to boot--me and a number of my friends got tired of how everything with him centered on Riliane and only Riliane 24/7), and then as of the Muzzle novel, Nemesis, who is Levia, came back into the spotlight.

      Allen is still a major character. But it's telling to me that we only are going forward with the "save the world" plan now that Levia is back.

        Loading editor
    • I admit that I'm the one who got myself into this mess but can we please not have this turn into a fight, if you want to argue with me over who the protagonist is go message me on tumblr and we can go argue there, I really don't want to ruin everyone else's fun with pointless arguments after this.

      All I'm going to say right here in the wiki thread is that I'm looking at it in release order, in which case Allen has been pretty consistently a character of importance and various conflicts and questions surrounding him have been major things since the very start of the series, whereas Elluka literally didn't exist until a decent amount of content had already come out and mothy decided to actually start connecting things and solidify the overall plot. In chronological order Elluka and Allen are undoubtably equal in protagonist-ness, with Elluka being the protagonist of the first half and Allen being the protagonist of the latter half, but in terms of release order Elluka only really showed up and became a protagonist about halfway through the series' run thus far.

      It feels incredibly unfair to Allen and his character to act like he revolves entirely around Rillianne (and no, he doesn't, pricecheck's already debunked it), or that he is somehow a mere decoy protagonist for The Real Star Of The Show. I get being frustrated that the series tends to spiral back into SoE all the time but you really shouldn't downplay Allen's role and characterization for the sake of bashing him. And that's all I'm going to say on the matter, if you want to continue this argument take it to tumblr or something.

      To everyone else, I sincerely apologize for this. I actually like Allen and am excited to see some long-time questions finally answered, so I'm a bit frustrated to see people complain that it's Allen again when this is something that I and so many other people have been waiting for for years.

        Loading editor
    • A fifteen minute long song, I really didn't think he'd outdo himself after the daughter of white

        Loading editor
    • I know right? I'm ok with 8 minutes but 15 seems a little much, unless if it's a instrumental of course.

        Loading editor
    • Lmao I finally return because I heard about the new album/songs


      boy I can't believe he's making a 15 minute song either.

      A side note on the protagonist thing; there can be multiple protagonists and most of the stories have a protagonist in some way. The protagonist of a story is not always a good person; likewise, an antagonist can be "the hero" of a story if the framing is used right. Compare Humbert from Lolita, who is the story's protagonist, but is a terrible person.

      In a series like Evillious, which revolves around character motivations and their actions, it makes sense to have multiple protagonists. Venomania is the protagonist of his story, but also technically "the villian"; while Allen is a main character and one of main protagonists of the first DoE novel. The difference with EC compared to a regular novel is that it is serialized, so a character's development (their progression as a protagonist) might happen over multiple novels instead of in one singular book; like Riliane (or maybe Kyle?). I can think of multiple characters that fit here; Elluka/Levia would fit here.

      As a main character as a device for narrating a tale? In that case; I would argue Levia/Elluka as she has been used as the story telling device for many of the novels after Story of Evil; but obviously she is not the sole character, nor is she the main hero.

        Loading editor
    • I know that, that's what I was trying to argue - Levia/Elluka is really obviously the overarching protagonist for everything pre-SoE as well as one of the protagonists of the Sloth arc (and as Nemesis, the protagonist of the Wrath arc). My problem is that anon is trying to present it as her being the only overarching protagonist at Allen's expense, even though Allen has been a central character since day 1 and is basically the overarching protagonist of the latter half of the series. Of course Evillious has multiple protagonists, it's too big to have only one single protagonist, my problem is people trying to downplay and ignore that Allen is one of the protagonists for the sake of bashing him and SoE content.

      And I HAVE noticed a bit of a recurring problem where every time new SoE-related content comes out a certain subset of people start complaining and bashing it because it's SoE related regardless of what the content is or how plot relevant it is or - in this case - how much of it is something we've been waiting for answers on for years now. It happened when the Three Heroes album last year as well (even though all of the stuff revealed was genuinely new info that became relevant in JoC, and the Lucifen twins only showed up as cameos anyway), and I distinctly remember at least one person claim Rillianne showing up in the Envy novel was pandering (even though we should all know by now that mothy doesn't do pandering and was probably trying to set up a plot twist regarding endgame that - again - we have been waiting for years for).

      I get being frustrated that the Story of Evil gets so much attention over other arcs, but do we really have to bash it every chance we get??? Is that really necessary??? Can't we please just have this one release without people bashing it because it's about Allen and Rillianne. please.



      And now to try once again to get us off this topic, honestly as someone who's favorite non-Vocaloid band regularly does full albums of songs that are 10-15 minutes long each the length of this one is pretty much the norm for me. It's probably the usual three-songs-per-single mushed together into one big song though, given what mothy did last time.

        Loading editor
    • Yes to stay on the topic of the 15 minute song, I am very enthused. I think it'll be a bit of a bear to listen to casually but then it will also make watching it more of an experience, if that makes sense. Like a short movie except instead of a movie it's music.

        Loading editor
    • (Graves anon)

      Definitely hyped for this! owo/

      I don't know if it'll be of any help but I definitely plan to get this album (as I've done with every novel and major album released so far--) so if anyone wants any pictures of it or such from me then I will be completely willing.

        Loading editor
    • I think that would be amazing if you could provide scans and the audio (or at least just the scans, it sounds like mothy's thinking of posting the song on yt?)

        Loading editor
    • The album is on toranoana.

      If I'm reading the description right, it says this is the last Evillious song.

        Loading editor
    • Whaaaaaa ;o;

        Loading editor
    • Oh god, it really is ending. That kinda hurts. I was hoping we might be able to go for another year to hit that 10-year-mark but wow.

      If you guys need someone to help provide scans when it comes out, I've got cash and can probably use a proxy service to order the CD. It will take a VERY LONG TIME, since shipping from Japan to my place is very very snail-y, but I can do it. The question is, should I?

        Loading editor
    • Guys let's calm down. Its just the shop's summary. Mothy likely didn't write this, we should wait for mothy's comfirmation first before pulling our hair in desperation.

      It does say "last/final installment" but i think it's last as in chronologically.

      Again, i doubt mothy would make the final album and Not advertise it as such

        Loading editor
    • Same, my hope is that when this is done mothy's going to head into OSS to add more clarity and context to the endgame. 

        Loading editor
    • Same


      wait what you're not supposed to know I'm here, gtg

        Loading editor
    • Phew, thank god

        Loading editor
    • I can get to work on pages

        Loading editor
    • Update from mothy's twitter: OSSCE and Trinity are being sold at Comiket as well. This song is "the last of Evillious" (it doesn't say last of the series, so I believe he's referring to Evillious as the world), and promises to shed light on Re_Birthday. A special postcard will be given to those who go to the event. Lastly, the Black Box now says, "I'm coming to meet you." Ladies and gentlemen, can we get some hype in this house?

        Loading editor
    • Gonna have to correct one bit, Lemmings--it very much does say, "The last work in the Evillious series".

      I'm hoping that just means the songs and that there might be an OSS novel or two left in the cards, but still.

        Loading editor
    • Oh, you're absolutely correct. I was reading quickly and skipped over the word "series". There's another novel slated for this fall, so we have that coming up at least.

        Loading editor
    • TomboyJessie13
      TomboyJessie13 removed this reply because:
      None
      06:52, August 2, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • Also what about the Theater Arc? And Maybe the DOE Manga?

        Loading editor
    • Why people assume that mothy, who is known for jumping back and forth all the time throughout a 1,000 year period, would end his career as a Vocaloid producer just because he's releasing the ending song of said timeline?

      I'm simply not taking this at face value since there's much more info to go through (Hansel's sister song is still something mothy wants to do and all the "Master of the xxx" are endings by themselves), not to mention 2 time periods that are barely spoken about outside the novels.

        Loading editor
    • It's not "ending song of the Evillious timeline", it's "ending song of the Evillious series". Which implies it's the last one both chronologically and in the actual narrative. None of the Master of the XXX songs were about their own ending of the series, just the master they focused on, and just because mothy said at one point he'd like to do something doesn't mean that's still something he wants to dedicate time to.

      I don't want the series to be over either but we should be prepared that this might be him wrapping it up.

        Loading editor
    • We already have confirmation that we're going to be getting at least one more novel, so it couldn't be the end of the series as a whole anyways. Maybe an end to the song portion of the series but not the series itself. Moreover, while we should be prepared for it as a possibility we don't want to cause misplaced panic or rumors.

        Loading editor
    • Plus was it last year that Mothy said he thought EC would go on for at least another 5 years? I also do not believe Mothy is retiring just yet; and although I am prepared in case he were to retire, I do not plan on panicing until we have further information after Comiket.

      There is too much that he still needs to flesh out in order for MotHeavenY to be the full ending of the series with nothing else getting covered.


      In case short, we shouldn't panic.

        Loading editor
    • HouseofAustrich wrote:
      Plus was it last year that Mothy said he thought EC would go on for at least another 5 years? I also do not believe Mothy is retiring just yet; and although I am prepared in case he were to retire, I do not plan on panicing until we have further information after Comiket.

      There is too much that he still needs to flesh out in order for MotHeavenY to be the full ending of the series with nothing else getting covered.


      In case short, we shouldn't panic.

      Exactly (I believe he said it during the JoC novel release livestream). Let's not start assuming it's the end without any previous confirmation.

      I still remember people assumed The Muzzle of Nemesis (song) was mothy's send-off just because it had the word "Sayonara" in the PV.

      And that was in 2014.

        Loading editor
    • By the way, what do we think about using this for the black box avi? I did my best to crop out the dress without cutting out any of the black box itself
      Black box
        Loading editor
    • I still see a little sleeve but other than that the quality is nice

        Loading editor
    • Black Box avi looks good to me.

        Loading editor
    • alright cool !

        Loading editor
    • I logged in just so I could respond!

      So...my thoughts:

      1. While I agree that it's unlikely that this is the END end of the chronicles...I have an unpopular opinion in that I actually wouldn't mind if it was. I love the EC, don't get me wrong, but it's been going on for a while and I wouldn't blame mothy if he wanted to end it with a bang and move on to other projects.

      2. Also, who else feels like mothy's becoming the Andrew Hussie of Vocaloid producers? I wouldn't be surprised if the PV for Master of the Heavenly Yard (if it gets one) turns out like [S]: Collide or [S]: ACT 7. And if it does it will be AWWWWEEEEESOOOOME.

      3. Lovin' the call back to Evils Theater! And the happy faces on the Tragedy Twins makes me hopeful for a happy ending...

      4. I kinda wanna know what else will be on the album, if anything. Perhaps new songs and a few remixes?

      All-in-all, this is wonderful news and I can't wait for the album to be released and for someone to buy it so that they can post the songs online!

        Loading editor
    • I can answer one of your points right now, there is nothing on the album but the Heavenly Yard song and its instrumental. Mothy's tweets said as much.

        Loading editor
    • oh god, that´s an incredibly long song. The singer is most likely Allen, or maybe a Twins duet. What do you guys think the song will touch upon? I geniunly have no idea what 16 minutes could be used for really (I predict the series still has at least three more years of material to provide.)

        Loading editor
    • https://twitter.com/mothy_akuno/status/893260288211861505

      Don't know what any of it said but the Not Eve in english stuck out as very ????

      I really wonder how much material this song is gonna cover

        Loading editor
    • PrincessAcedia wrote:
      https://twitter.com/mothy_akuno/status/893260288211861505Don't know what any of it said but the Not Eve in english stuck out as very ????

      I really wonder how much material this song is gonna cover

      I read "Epilogue" and "Prologue" in that order as well... does this mean the song, since it's very long, will be split into acts like with The Daughter of White?

      And I hope that "Not Eve" is related to the Doll's true identity in JoC since we still don't know who was inside it!

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing that it's split up into segments. The various titles that got rattled off (including Not Eve) appear to be the name of these chapters in the song, imo.

        Loading editor
    • I did a check translation too, just to be careful. Here's my take on it: 

      We’ve always been making mistakes.

      People’s souls, after all, only have one part of the data.

      In the middle of a ruined world, in a wasteland, a theater rises to the surface.

      The only ones waiting now are plentiful.

      Epilogue/The Hunt for the Deadly Sins/The Princess Sets Off/The Heroes/BLACKBOX/Not Eve/The end of the Capriccio/Reunion/The Evil Becomes Pure/The Boy’s Choice/Re_Birthday Truth/Prologue

      All in 12 Chapters

      Song Time of 15 minutes, 56 seconds

      Evillious Last Story

      Because the answer is surely never coming


      I’m coming to see you

        Loading editor
    • "The end of the Capriccio" is probably a reference to Evil's Theater and Capriccio Farce. Speaking of which, does anyone else think we should revise the trivia on the Capriccio Farce page? I was thinking we either have it refer to the musical term (which is most likely what mothy was going for), or just limit it to the Italian translation of the term itself.

        Loading editor
    • "The Reunion" and "The Evil Becomes Pure" will almost certainly be the parts where we cry.

        Loading editor
    • To be clear, The Evil Becomes Pure (or, the Evil that Becomes/Became Pure, as it could also be translated) probably is not a reference to evil becoming good or anything like that, but a reference to Ma. Because her whole deal was becoming "pure" by absorbing all of the demons, and one of the messages of JOC was that "purity" is not necessarily a good thing.

      So I don't think that's going to be some heartwarming segment.

        Loading editor
    • it might still make us cry tho :b

        Loading editor
    • Guys, mothy's made an offical statement on his blog that he doesn't want his songs reposted on youtube, which means we have to take all album links down

      Also a PV is in the making

        Loading editor
    • That's not what he meant.

      He seems to be saying that because the PV for the song is going to take a while he'd prefer if people didn't rip it from the CD to Youtube. He's not making a blanket statement, he's talking about this song in particular.

        Loading editor
    • Oh pfff nevermind. Guess it is a blanket statement, sorry.

      Although if it makes a difference, that looks to be more of an afterthought (like, "yeah technically you shouldn't be doing that for any of my album songs tho"), although that might just be me trying to rationalize it.

        Loading editor
    • Other tidbits from his blog post:

      -It's not just Rin and Len who's going to be in the song.

      -He's going to finish writing the novel before making the PV

        Loading editor
    • He describes this as the final chapter of the series arriving around year 9, but then he closes with といった感じです ("it has that kind of feel", roughly), which makes me wonder if it actually is.

        Loading editor
    • I think he means that he's impressed that he's been working on this series for nine years

      Also a short story will be included

        Loading editor
    • Where does he mention a short story?

        Loading editor
    • ジャケットイラスト:壱加 ショートストーリー掲載8Pブックレット

        Loading editor
    • Ah okay, my bad. My eyes skipped over the info at the top.

        Loading editor
    • So Mothy doesn't want us to put his songs on YouTube or just that particular song until it has a PV?

        Loading editor
    • I think he said once he didn't mind his already uploaded songs getting subbed

        Loading editor
    • Gotcha, thanks Misstress.

        Loading editor
    • So that would mean we have to remove links for any songs that have not been officially uploaded?

        Loading editor
    • That would be the polite thing to do. 

        Loading editor
    • Not to be rude here, but I'm certain that if we asked him he wouldn't want us passing around information or images from his novels either, since those are things that people should be paying him for.

      and is posting a full translation of the song any better than linking to it? it may lose some of what makes it cool but it's still taking his lyrics and giving them out for free.

      what we do is already dubious, and while we may be able to live in the comfort of the unknown with most of what we do by sitting firmly under his radar I'm certain that he'd have a few things to say about us if he knew the extent of what was happening here.

      so what I'm saying is, it seems kind of silly to me to not want to link to a song that we've already posted a full translation to while we summarize and rip the images for everything he's ever made regarding evillious

        Loading editor
    • Well there's never been official English translations for his products, I never even saw any of them in a music store or at a book store. So what are we supposed to do? Delete every single thing you guys had been working on for years?

        Loading editor
    • I can take care of the links

        Loading editor
    • I think Tobimisa has a point, honestly. I mean I don't endorse illegally pirating out his work our anything but it's not like removing the links is going to get rid of the videos. Most of them are uploaded by people unaffiliated with the wiki, even, so it's not like they put it up there with the intention of having us link it.

      It just feels like, cat's already out of the bag. If people want to take down their videos to comply with his wishes that makes sense and I'd be in support of that even though it'd be disappointing not to be able to listen to those songs anymore. But removing the links is just pretending that the videos aren't there. People are more likely to find them by prowling around Youtube than because they saw a link on a wiki page.

      --Obviously just an anon here but those are my two cents.

        Loading editor
    • --I suppose my first comment applied more before we were replacing video links, but the point still stands that linking videos, in comparison to everything else, doesn't really feel like that big of a deal.

        Loading editor
    • We can't take them down but we can still do what we can and not link them like the vocaloid wiki, besides since mothy watching us we have a bit more on our shoulders

      I understand if tobimisa is against removing all the links since they worked so hard on the videos but if the author tells us to stop there isn't much else we can do

        Loading editor
    • Who says mothy is watching us? Just because he is aware the wiki exists doesn't mean he's coming over to look at it a lot.

      Mothy did not say, to us, "you guys need to stop linking to and uploading my videos on Youtube"

      He said, at the end of a blog post about his upcoming album, "I would appreciate it if you guys didn't upload this one to Youtube (though that's not limited to this song)".

      I'm not saying that keeping all this stuff on is right, I mean it's morally gray at best, but this was not mothy making a direct command, this was him expressing his stance on fan behavior. And honestly it's not like we really needed him to say it to know that's how he'd feel about it. I think everyone knows that an author doesn't really appreciate it when you make their work that you're supposed to pay for publicly available.

      I'm just saying, this doesn't really change anything. And like Tobimisa said, a TON of content on the wiki is in a similar position, ethically and legally speaking. If we're going to start removing content because it breaks that ethical line, then there's a LOT of other stuff that qualifies. If we're going to make exceptions for, for example, manga scans, and sharing the lyrics, then why wouldn't we make an exception for this?

        Loading editor
    • Again, to be clear--I'm not saying "well mothy didn't tell us to stop directly so it's okay", I'm saying, "this is something that was already there that the wiki has been comfortably ignoring up until this point".

        Loading editor
    • Here's my thoughts: The ethical line for me is when you render it redundant to buy someone else's work. When we have wiped manga scans on here, we don't provide the whole manga or the actual text of the manga. When we provide summaries on here, we don't provide the actual prose (at least we won't be if we finish trimming down the stupid character articles which I made a forum about if anyone noticed.) You could make an argument for the image scans but when they're not publically available on websites and trailers they're almost always part of the novels, which you (usually, anyway) buy for the prose and story, not just the art.

      You buy an album to listen to the music. We provide the lyrics, the translation, and even a summary of what goes on in it, but you take an extra step providing the actual song. You render it completely unnecessary to buy the original work. You can't get a great feel for how the song sounds just looking at the lyrics. It's when you showcase the pirated song that you make it redundant to buy the album. I hope that all that I'm saying makes sense.

      You can make the argument that we're not the ones pirating and uploading the music, we're just linking to where it's been made available so it's fine. The problem is that argument kind of goes out the window for us in particular because several of our wiki members have specifically made PVs and asked them to be the ones linked to on the wiki, or specifically made them to be linked to on the wiki.

      And yeah, this is something we should have considered a long time ago because the anon is right, nothing's changed. We should have been looking to similar wikis and following their examples of conduct (the Vocaloid and Putin-P wikis, for example, do not link to pirated song content) rather than waiting for mothy to confirm on an off comment that he doesn't appreciate the piracy.

      Personally, I don't think it's a big deal to mothy. And I don't think he's even thinking of Every Album Song Ever when he makes that kind of statement. I recall him some time ago actually praising a fan video of The Letter She Waited For, which was pirated, instead of telling them to take it down immediately--so it might just be the songs from albums he's actively selling that he's thinking of, which to be fair is most of OSS and Trinity, so a lot, but still. He might even just be thinking of it in the context of "I'm gonna be putting them on all Youtube in a PV anyway," which would be cool albeit not too likely.

      So with all that in mind, I'm not asking anyone to take their videos down--like, I haven't even done anything with mine yet, and I don't think you're gonna get in trouble if you don't. But I do think we have to take the links off the wiki. I'm very sorry because I know a lot of hard work went into making all those videos.

        Loading editor
    • In other news, the novelization's amazon page is up and the release date is confirmed https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4569836402/

        Loading editor
    • Mistress, don't take down the song links. We haven't reached an agreement yet.

        Loading editor
    • oh dang sorry I'll put them back

        Loading editor
    • Still I stand by my point which octo pretty much clarified, the creator himself has said he doesn't want his album exclusives on youtube, so linking to them from here is not only (objectively speaking) morally wrong but illegal and we shouldn't have done it in the first place. But i think it was agreed a while ago that if mothy voiced his disapproval we'd take all links down.

        Loading editor
    • So that's what the album looks like(cute chibi picture)

        Loading editor
    • Not Eve part is pretty short? I'm torn between wanting to understand the lyrics now and wanting to listen to the song first...

        Loading editor
    • CAn I put up the page i've done for the song and the album?

        Loading editor
    • Let's wait until Price translates the song.

        Loading editor
    • Ho—ly hell, we have the lyrics already? Damn, that was fast.

        Loading editor
    • i have added the leaked images.

      one page of the booklet has an EC CAST list. featuring all major characters+neruneru nerune.

      some people got new names/surnames.

      • the guy who Irina posessed as AB-CIR is named Eibii=Shii (Aybee Cee or something)
      • the woman irina posessed as Abyss I.R. is named Baabara=Baaba/Baaha (Barbara Barba or something). i cant really tell the surname from the picture.
      • Behemo's surname is confirmed to be Barisol.
      • Vlad's surname is Taberushi
      • Gilles' surname is Dorie (its the romaji)
      • Salem's surname is Tanbaa or Danbaa
      • Marie's surname is Anetto. I think this one should definetely be translated as Anette as its a clear reference to Marie Antoinette
        Loading editor
    • SO Bruno's surname was always "Zero", that's nice to know

      Cherubim did get to keep his family name which is sweet

      "Dorie" is obvs form "de rais" as in gilles de rais

      "Taberushi" mothy hasn't abandoned his pun naming i see

      it's probably "baaba" (old lady)

      there's a "lari Lucif"

      also mothy treates the demons as if they're the same as their original selves so does that mean we should merge their pages

        Loading editor
    • Perhaps this is spoiler teretory but appearently "Hazuki" is Sickle's surname and not first name as we first assumed

        Loading editor
    • Marie Anette

      Ha ha.

      Maybe she's the doll

        Loading editor
    • Is it revealed what is Sickle first name? Or is it just being left just as Sickle?

        Loading editor
    • POSSIBLE SPOILERS:

      There is someone named "Luna Hazuki" but it sounds too feminine to be Sickle's name(my bet on the moon goddess), also Sickle is credited as Sickle

        Loading editor
    • Being a fan of Sailor Moon, Luna is Latin for "Moon". So it would make sense that she's the Moon Goddess.

        Loading editor
    • It's great we have these images to work from, but if anyone could provide better quality scans that would be awesome.

        Loading editor
    • Also isn't there supposed to be a short story with the album? Did they just not share it?

        Loading editor
    • Suspicion:

      Ma is not Eve.

        Loading editor
    • Question: Do you mean Eve is not in the Ma soul smoothie, that Eve is not the dominant personality that became Ma, or that Ma is just. not Eve?

        Loading editor
    • I'm sure even kindergartners know that Luna means Moon in multiple languages, Jessie. It's not exactly obscure.

      But also, Luna has her moonlike name before ever becoming the moon goddess if she's like the other scientists onboard the arc 0 0 although maybe given all the intrigue around her, she isn't like the other scientists after all.

      And Luna is just a letter away frok Luka. Coincidence? Probably

        Loading editor
    • Seven-Colored Puppeteer wrote:
      Question: Do you mean Eve is not in the Ma soul smoothie, that Eve is not the dominant personality that became Ma, or that Ma is just. not Eve?

      I think her most recent form (in the theater before the world end) is not end. Or I might have misread the lyrics...

        Loading editor
    • In the afterwords, mothy said that this song marks the end of the Seven Deadly Sins Series. However, the Clockwork Lullaby Series is still going on.

        Loading editor
    • Don't we already know from Muzzle of Nemesis that when Ma was killed by Nemesis she was Eve + 5 Demons of Sin???? I'm confused

        Loading editor
    • So it isn't really the end of this universe that's good we still got around three years

        Loading editor
    • PrincessAcedia wrote:
      Don't we already know from Muzzle of Nemesis that when Ma was killed by Nemesis she was Eve + 5 Demons of Sin???? I'm confused

      Maybe she's not actually one of the demons? I mean, this got established in the Sloth novel, and SC&P the song calls Sloth "the false sin" and singles it out in B&W when everyone else is in color, but like... maybe we're supposed to go all the way here?


      Also THANK GOD, this isn't the end of EC as in no more songs ever, I was so worried for a bit.

        Loading editor
    • SO sickle shares his surname with the moon goddess, fingers crossed for my marriage theory to be confirmed

        Loading editor
    • Emuei wrote:
      In the afterwords, mothy said that this song marks the end of the Seven Deadly Sins Series. However, the Clockwork Lullaby Series is still going on.

      1) Basically what I assumed back in 2014, when The Muzzle of Nemesis was released.

      2) Well, he did confirm 12 songs back in 2015 and we have 9 so far (counting Wordplay/Clockwork Lullaby 0).

        Loading editor
    • As someone else who was convinced for a while mothy'd had enough I'm relieved ;w; I hope this means we can still get a look into OSS (given how Clockwork Lullaby is in almost every other series maybe one or two will be in OSS proper.)

      Maybe Eve herself is Not Eve > --->

      Maybe it's someone else who was pretending to be Eve while all along Eve died in the fire

      I mean I kind of hope not because wtf but

        Loading editor
    • Seven-Colored Puppeteer wrote:

      Maybe she's not actually one of the demons? I mean, this got established in the Sloth novel, and SC&P the song calls Sloth "the false sin" and singles it out in B&W when everyone else is in color, but like... maybe we're supposed to go all the way here?

      I'm aware she isn't a real demon but then who is the 6th soul in Ma? As I recall from the infomine it was clear there were six souls in Ma and all she had left to collect was Seth. Who is the sixth soul then if it isn't Eve? 

        Loading editor
    • There's really not much help given in the album/lyrics for the "Not Eve" section.

      I translated it myself, and well... it's short and unhelpful.

      God

      I cannot beliEve what I'm seeing

      「6. Not Eve

      This is the Story of the End

      What should I talk about?

      My name is... My name is... My name is... My name is...

      Who?」 and that's it.

        Loading editor
    • We'll have to get the whole song translation and booklet translation probably before we can make any guesses

        Loading editor
    • Interesting that part has the same melody as MA Project.

        Loading editor
    • Emuei wrote:
      Interesting that part has the same melody as MA Project.

      have you been able to listen to it? (if so please link me audio helps with translating so much)

      I wouldn't say same melody for sure, but it's a clear parallel in the lyrics, for sure, the only change being "beginning" to "ending"... and of course whoever the singer is not knowing who they are (I would say she for sure but there's a surprising number of masculine characters that use watashi)

        Loading editor
    • It was just a small guess, Octo, the Luna part. Also YAAAY! MORE EC! :-D

        Loading editor
    • Side note: Postman isn't listed in the CAST list. However, a certain Lilith Balledold (Ririsu Barudorudo) is. I guess its her real name! yay

        Loading editor
    • Danytaly wrote:
      Side note: Postman isn't listed in the CAST list. However, a certain Lilith Balledold (Ririsu Barudorudo) is. I guess its her real name! yay

      I can't believe the Lilith equivalent is from endgame rather than OSS, given who real world Lilith is.

        Loading editor
    • it's probable that we'll get more information about what's happening in the "not eve" section when we get the pv.

      it could also be referencing the fact that eve has lived the lives of several other people and probably isn't eve in the same way that nemesis isn't really just nemesis anymore

        Loading editor
    • Tobimisa wrote:
      it's probable that we'll get more information about what's happening in the "not eve" section when we get the pv.

      it could also be referencing the fact that eve has lived the lives of several other people and probably isn't eve in the same way that nemesis isn't really just nemesis anymore

      That's assuming we get a PV. I mean, I think we will too (we got one for MA Survival after all, no one saw that coming) but I think the audio itself might be enough, as well.

      Judging by the lyrics given in the booklet, I don't think that's the case, as it seems to be a direct parallel with Project MA... but who knows! I sure don't, I'm struggling to read the blurry kanji and don't have the focus to do that and theorize

        Loading editor
    • it's been confirmed that we're getting a pv, just that it won't come out until after the novel

      that came up when mothy suggested that he doesn't want this song being passed around before the pv comes out, which sparked a debate about whether we should take down the links to album-only songs

      oh and I figured that could also just be an auditory reference to her character, after all that's the first song where eve is singing as, well, herself. so it could just as easily be a call back to her introduction rather than deliberately tying something from that song into this one.

      that said we won't really know for sure until we get more information

        Loading editor
    • Elizabethmegan wrote:

      That's assuming we get a PV. I mean, I think we will too (we got one for MA Survival after all, no one saw that coming) but I think the audio itself might be enough, as well.

      Mothy confirmed he will release MotHY's PV in the future on his blog, but that'll take time since it's over 15mins long (and decided to distribute it at C92 instead of a PV first).

        Loading editor
    • SO I looked through the names some more

      Yvette's surname is "Hakobi" or "Hakopi"

      Uibee's surname is "Aoi"

      Eikichi's surname is "Akaki"

      There's a new guy who's firs name i can't amke out becuase of the lighting but it's a glassred. Presumably it's gumillia's dad

      Gast's first surname was Octo

      Lord hedgehog's first name is Sommy

      There's a dude named "Narcis Kissosu" i think he's appeared before but I can't remember

      Pyakko or Hyakko

      There's a dude called "Marks Donald" and I can't take it

      "Lari Lucif" again

      that was all the new name ifo i could make out

        Loading editor
    • MaxusFox23 wrote:

      Mothy confirmed he will release MotHY's PV in the future on his blog, but that'll take time since it's over 15mins long (and decided to distribute it at C92 instead of a PV first).

      I regularly check his twitter, but not his blog, so I had no idea, my apologies. (I remember him posting on twitter something akin to "a 15minute pv? who has time for that?", which I guess was a joke because, yeah it'll take time but he HAS time for that)

      Someone else suggested that the video might be released December 27th, which will be after the novel, and also, well, the Kagamine's birthday.

        Loading editor
    • Elizabethmegan wrote:

      I regularly check his twitter, but not his blog, so I had no idea, my apologies. (I remember him posting on twitter something akin to "a 15minute pv? who has time for that?", which I guess was a joke because, yeah it'll take time but he HAS time for that)

      Someone else suggested that the video might be released December 27th, which will be after the novel, and also, well, the Kagamine's birthday.

      No worries :)

      Releasing the PV on the Kagamine's birthday? That'd be fitting.

        Loading editor
    • Elizabethmegan wrote:
      Emuei wrote:
      Interesting that part has the same melody as MA Project.
      have you been able to listen to it? (if so please link me audio helps with translating so much)

      I wouldn't say same melody for sure, but it's a clear parallel in the lyrics, for sure, the only change being "beginning" to "ending"... and of course whoever the singer is not knowing who they are (I would say she for sure but there's a surprising number of masculine characters that use watashi)

      The Chinese fans in the link above posted the Mandarin translation of the lyrics and left a note at that section that it has the same melody as MA Project and the singer is Miku.

        Loading editor
    • Guys, Im guessing the Not Eve part is sang by Eve and her reincarnations. The translated lyrics says 4 "My name is" And those are probably Eve, Mikulia, Platonic and Margarita. Unless there's a fifth Eve reincarnation then we can kick out Eve since the title literally says "Not Eve"

        Loading editor
    • IDK, I figure it's Master of the Court.

        Loading editor
    • Well... I saw the lyrics at baidu link.

      And the thing that I going to say is... ...what's going on?

      We have to wait if we want to understand this EC's last story... still...(damn)

        Loading editor
    • So no one has the album and can produce better quality scans of it?

        Loading editor
    • 2602:301:77AD:9270:94E0:2D05:188D:8CC wrote:
      So no one has the album and can produce better quality scans of it?

      Snipped by request

        Loading editor
    • Now can I put my pages up?

        Loading editor
    • I can say right now that that translation in the Google Plus community has massive, glaring inaccuracies.

        Loading editor
    • That doesn't really answer my question, either. It looks like that's a translation of the Chinese, not something done with better quality scans.

        Loading editor
    • Misstress, your page for the Heavenly album has a wildly incomplete (inaccurate?) cast list and-everything-else-list and both the trivia points you listed are for the Trinity album. No, you can't put it up. 

      Anon, we are not using a translation from people who don't know what they are doing, as that goes against wiki policy. I suspect the reason why it doesn't make sense to any of you reading it is because it's a terrible job.

        Loading editor
    • Oh i forgot I hadn't finished it

      I'll just go ahead and do that

        Loading editor
    • Crappy translations or not, I ain't reading the lyrics till the album comes out.

        Loading editor
    • The album's already out. Or do you mean the PV?

        Loading editor
    • Oh, then nevermind.

        Loading editor
    • Mothy posted a few things about the cd's booklet on twitter, here it is:

      1) あとブックレットの歌詞、一箇所間違いというか、ルビ振り忘れた場所があります。「意思」と書いて「おんねん」と読む、とご理解いただければ幸いです。

      2) そしてブックレット最終ページ、消すつもりだった名前を一人、思いきりそのまま載せちゃった。ここでネタバレするつもりじゃなかったんだが、まあいいか。

      3) もう一つ、最終ページについて。いくつか同一人物の名前がありますが、これは小説未読者に対してのネタバレ防止の為と、「転身・転生組」の処理が面倒だったからです。あとは楽曲、小説内で登場しているが、名前が明示されていないキャラも含まれています。

      4) CASTの人選は結構、適当です。完全なチョイ役の名前があるわりに出番多めのキャラがいなかったりします。今気が付いたけどルシフェニア革命軍メンバー入れ忘れていた。

        Loading editor
    • 意思 is read as "Onen"

      There was one name he put in on accident which is spoilery

      SO appearently every one is castg is going to be in the novel? Maybe? I'm not sure why he'd put Charon in there he's not even that significant

        Loading editor
    • I don't think he said they're all showing up in the novel.

      Also I'm willing to bet the spoiler name is Luna Hazuki.

        Loading editor
    • Misstress of the heavenly yard wrote:
      意思 is read as "Onen"

      There was one name he put in on accident which is spoilery

      SO appearently every one is castg is going to be in the novel? Maybe? I'm not sure why he'd put Charon in there he's not even that significant

      Seems he also forgot to name/add members of the Lucifenian Royal Army as well.

        Loading editor
    • I see. Then ignore the GP's translation. Still I can translate- Nah, understand the lyrics on myself but it's still un-understandable.

      The story seems to me another plot of SCAP novel plus with the Climax of Torturing tower series. meh...

      I have some disappointment about this is the last story about EC... Well, let's me wait the novelize of this album.

        Loading editor
    • I really doubt the torture tower series is connected to this song

        Loading editor
    • I mean it's a direct sequel to the Nemesis book which heavily follows after SCAP. So of course it has similarities with the plot.

      And yeah--first of all the song is probably way different listening to it than just reading the lyrics from a booklet, and second of all it's definitely going to be more fleshed out in the novel. It's like Handbeat Clocktower vs Praefacio--it's not meant to be taken by itself, it's almost an advertisement for the book.

        Loading editor
    • Tobimisa wrote:
      I really doubt the torture tower series is connected to this song

      Actually TT series isn't connected to this album but I think the story plot has similarites with it.

        Loading editor
    •   Loading editor
    • It seems from that that Riliane is confirmed to be Waiter and the stuff about who I'm assuming is Ma is interesting as she is separate from her parts and even Eve for her to still exist in Riliane without any of them which I'm pretty sure we already knew but is interesting as to what she is I guess.

        Loading editor
    • What is going on?! Did Allen save the world?! Did Gammon just snapped?!

        Loading editor
    • SO witht he lyrics I'm going to star finishing the song page

        Loading editor
    • Misstress of the heavenly yard wrote:
      SO witht he lyrics I'm going to star finishing the song page

      Good. By the way, Can I say some spoilers about the lyric's story now, or should I wait for the opening of the song page or another spoiler discussion page of this album?

        Loading editor
    • Btw guys this might not be relevant to this thread, but mothy just confirmed the son i heard somewhere is clockwork lullaby 8

        Loading editor
    • For the record, mothy posted on twitter earlier and confirmed that "The Song I Heard Somewhere" is Clockwork Lullaby 8, so that's another mystery resolved.

      I knew in my heart from day 1 that Waiter was Rillianne and I am so, so happy to see it more or less finally confirmed. I hope we get content detailing her adventures between when we saw her in Envy and when we saw her working in Banica's restaurant someday, that ought to be a fun series of shenanigans.

      Also, IS IT POSSIBLE that based on what we've learned here, Re_Birthday an example of the purification process people go through once sucked into this particular Black Box? Since from the sound of it it is about Allen after all. (who the hell is Court!Irregular though)

        Loading editor
    • The discussion page is spoileriffic by nature--it wouldn't be a very productive one if it wasn't.

        Loading editor
    • Snipped by request

      I may request you to delete that message with the link because that clearly states that:

      1-the person got the translations from a friend from a separate group chat not related to the G+ community

      2-that person states that it might include mistakes

      3-that person is me and I dont like things that link to my accounts being posted around behind my back

        Loading editor
    • ah fml i just found out it's impossible to delete your own message or edit it on this website

      welp now dont mind me while i just disassociate over here...

        Loading editor
    • Interesting mothy lists 12 songs NOT including Wordplay, so in total we will get 13 songs, from Clockwork Lullaby 0 to Clockwork Lullaby 12.

        Loading editor
    • I knew Irina's song had to be a CL, it has the Lu Li Las in it.

        Loading editor
    • So should we discuss the translations of some of the new names?

      As well as get to renaming pages?

        Loading editor
    • Misstress of the heavenly yard wrote:
      So should we discuss the translations of some of the new names?

      As well as get to renaming pages?

      I'd love to discuss that too :)

        Loading editor
    • I'm thinking we could translate Yvette's surname as "Jacovy"

      Gumina's dad's name is probably Classke

      Sommy Hedgehog (gotta go fast)

      Narcis' surname is spelled as Kissosu which is obviously a nod to Narcissus' real name "Narkissos"

      Any suggetions open for Byakko

      Marquis Donald's name is most likely a pun on Mc Donalds so i suggest Marks

      Lari or Larry Lufic?

      as for the poseesed people i suggest Aybee Cier and Barbara Baaba

      "Rajih Assad", Assad is a common arabic surname

      Gilles surname is a nod to the real Gilles surname "de Rais" so i suggest Derais

      "Vlad Taberushi" into "Vlad Tabelsh"

        Loading editor
    • So I'm done amking the cast lsit for the album, it nearly killed me but I'm finished.

      Can someone proof read the page?

        Loading editor
    • You mean Gumina? Or Gumilia? When describing her father?

        Loading editor
    • whoops

        Loading editor
    • Not to sound like a jerk but I'm not 100% certain of all your suggestions because there's lots of typos in your message, but:

      • Rajih Assad, Narcissus Kissos, and Gilles Derais all look completely straightforward.
      • I thought it was Barbara Barba, not Baaba. Don't double a's usually end up as an r anyway?
      • Aybee Cier I thought was just the letters ABC spelled phonetically, where did you get the "ier" from?
      • Thought Lari/Larry's surname was supposed to be Lucif as in the Lucif twins. No preference on the first name but imo Lari is less silly.
      • Clasky looks like a more common name than Classke, is Clasky not possible?
      • If Sommy is supposed to be a reference to Sonic wouldn't it be closer if it's Somi?
      • I have my doubts on Tabelsh but have no alternatives at hand.
      • If possible I'd prefer Marcs Donald to get closer to the pun, but I'm fine either way.
      • Really don't know about Jacovy. Jacobi/Jacoby looks more likely but can you put a J from an H?
      • Byakko we could just keep as Byakko, it wouldn't be the first akko name we have in this series.
        Loading editor
    • Per anon's request, I've removed all links to the GP translation.

        Loading editor
    • Well the alias Irina used was "AB CIR" i though i work in the "ir" in someway it was the only way i could think of and yes it's Lucif I just spell things wrong sometimes

      And I figured Baaba because it means old woman but barba works too

        Loading editor
    • I have read again the cast list and I think I misread Vlad's surname. I'm seeing that it looks similar to "Tsuberushi", but im not 100% sure. So I think we def should discuss the mames but we should wait for scans/better pictures before implementing anything.

      • I agree with Assad, Kissos and Derais. I suppose everyone agrees on Marie Anette.
      • I prefer Barbara Barba and Aybee Cee.
      • I agree with Octo's suggestion for Marcs Donald.
      • i read "rari rushifu", so I think its should be Lari Lucif? I dont have a strong ppreference for the name, but I don't really like Larry.
      • "Byakko" is how the japanese pronounce the white tiger of chinese mythology. It could be someone related to Feng but idk, so i think we should keep it like that in romaji.
      • also! I read another unfamiliar name, "Yuka Musupi". I don't have any idea who they're supposed to be so I dont know how to render it.
        Loading editor
    • If it's not indicated in the name, don't add it. It doesn't matter if you just think it should be there.

      Irina's alias is AB-CIR, aka ABCIR. The man's name is ABC. ABC + IR (the old alias) = ABCIR. It's clear to me that that's what mothy is getting at. For the sake of the man's dignity let's call him Aybee Cee.

      I get the old woman pun, but the first part of the name is Barbara after all. 

        Loading editor
    • I think "Yuka Musupi" someone in some novel named "muspiel" but i can't remember correctly

        Loading editor
    • Are you referring to Muspel Freezis, from JoC ?

        Loading editor
    • Oh, that must be it. But i didn't remember the name correctly so i thought it was a surname

      GUess we'll have to figure out our own translation then

        Loading editor
    • Hey, little anon here,

      I just wanted to say that by reading at the end of Pricecheck translation of the lyrics, I just got the weirdest theory.

      Maybe it's just me, huh, but I've got the feeling that the Re_Birthday Truth is in fact saying that, in a way or another, Allen and Riliane are becoming the Hazuki siblings... I mean, that would explain why in the end they stand on the "moon" (if I'm not wrong the old Period was referred as the moon many times, no ?) and that would also explain why the end is a Prologue, and why Allen says that he will always protect his sister.

      Maybe... this song is just the end coming back to the beginning. (Could also explain the lack of details concerning male-Hazuki's past mentionned in MoN)

        Loading editor
    • I suggest just Yuka Muspi, it's simple enough

        Loading editor
    • Guys Im just spitballing names here but how about Abie or Eibe Cee? because from what I've searched those are real male names (and at least more decent than Aybee >.>)

        Loading editor
    • Master of the Deadly Sins wrote: Guys Im just spitballing names here but how about Abie or Eibe Cee? because from what I've searched those are real male names (and at least more decent than Aybee >.>)

      I rendered it as Aybee Cee to preserve the pun (since his name is literally AB C [eibii shii]), to be honest Abie and Eibe don't seem that immediate (are they even pronounced as "eibii"?)

        Loading editor
    • Ah well okay. xD So, I searched how they sound like and my bad >.> they dont sound like "eibii"

        Loading editor
    • I'm not sure I see them as literally becoming the Hazukis, but I think it is plausible that they're adopting their roles as gods in a sense.

        Loading editor
    • So I should have said this earlier, but I wanted to say in regards to making updates on all of this, I think we should wait to do most of the major plot updates until the novel is out and infomined. It's almost guaranteed that the novel will expand on and explain pretty much everything in the song, and we already have a lot of updates to make on articles that very few people have been working on.

      For now, I'd think we should just be making the articles for the Heavenly album and song, and making appropriate updates of what we got from the cast list. Then/during that, we continue whittling down our WIP list.

        Loading editor
    • I've already done the album page, just needs to be proof read

      then i have to fix the lyrics on the song page

        Loading editor
    • Well, seems a western fan already has the album in their possession and according to them, the last part of the song had something they didn't expect:

      The melody of "10 Minute Love"

        Loading editor
    • Just like Song Somewhere with full moon laboratory

        Loading editor
    • I think this is a bit different jessie, because fml was already a known part of the series before the song I heard somewhere came out, while as far as we knew up until now 10 minute love has nothing to do with the series. so if it is indeed referenced to at the end of heavenly then we may need to reevaluate that

        Loading editor
    • But are there more vocaloids singing? More than Rin len and Miku

        Loading editor
    • There're MEIKO and Luka(?) too

        Loading editor
    • what are they singing?

        Loading editor
    • I asked the aforementioned Western fan to post the Jyuppun no Koi snippet somewhere and give me the link because I desperately needed to hear it and have it be true, and now I can officially verify that it's. it's literally Jyuppun no Koi. It's legit the intro to Jyuppun no Koi, and now I'm feeling a complex blender of emotions that include "anger that I got played", "staring into the distance", and "laughing at just how beautifully wild this twist is".

      Okay, in all seriousness it's actually kind of sweet that EC basically starts and ends with mothy's first ever Vocaloid song, like, that's adorable and makes me weirdly happy. It's just such a curveball though that it's just very, like. What.

      Bless mothy for throwing this wild curveball at us.

        Loading editor
    • Mistress, Meiko sings a duet with Len on some parts (which isnt noticeable) while Luka says a single line (which is "Emuei")

        Loading editor
    • Hi there everybody, I'm the western fan that has the album! I've been lurking here since 2013 so it's nice to finally talk to you all! you can call me Sky, and [here] is my tumblr page where I've been posting stuff about the album. There's some pictures of it if you scroll down a little more (i also posted them + Trinity on instagram as well, so if you see them there don't think i stole them or anything)

      This is going to be a long post, so I apologize.

      First off, i wanna say that to my knowledge upon listening to the song a few times, the only vocaloids in it are Rin, Len, and Miku. That's it. I cannot hear Meiko whatsoever, although I suppose it's possible she could be singing back up in one sections? As someone who owns Rin/Len V4X, I do know that Rin Power can sound very similar to Meiko if she has +gen, so if Meiko is in fact singing backup somewhere, by brain might be registering it as Rin. But as far as I can say now, Meiko is not in the song.

      However, in the transition section between [8. Reunion] and [9. The Pure Evil], someone DOES say what sounds to be Ma/Emuei. I'm pretty certain it's Luka. How it plays out is Len says, "そう 君の名は……," then a slight pause, followed by Luka saying Ma and [9. The Pure Evil] starting. I can post a clip of it if anyone wants it.

      Rin sings [3. The Princess Sets Out] and [7. The End of the Capriccio]. Miku sings [6. Not Eve]. Len sings everything else.

      There's also a loud beeping noise between Not Eve and End of the Capriccio, as well as more loud beeps that I personally think resemble alarm clock noises at the end of Re_Birthday Truth. I know that the PV isn't gonna be out for a while, but if you have sensitive ears like me, you might wanna be careful.

      2600:8802:3800:AE50:EC48:3EAB:FCFA:3013

      In terms of 10 Minute Love- it's like what Tobimisa said. At no point does the main melody/the vocal track that Rin sings in 10 Minute Love show up in heavenly yard. What DOES show up though, is the piano intro that plays at the beginning of the song; the part before Rin goes "1 2 3 4!" and then once again at the end of the song. Think of it more like how MA Survival has a part of Recollective Musicbox in it.

      I can post a clip of [11. Re_birthday Truth] to the end of the song if anyone wants to hear it in the full context, but for now, here's a comparison between Heavenly Yard and 10 Minute Love

      Heavenly Yard is first, 10 Minute Love second

      As for my thoughts, well... I'm not sure why it's there either, but it is important to mention that I think it is [12. Prologue]. Part of me wants to think that it's mothy's way of being like "i've been working on this series for 10 years now, so here's a reference to the first song I ever posted." But the other part of me knows that mothy usually never references any of his other works unless it's somewhat important...

      If there's anything else you want to know/hear clips of, just let me know!

        Loading editor
    • does this mean we need to make a page for 10 minute love 8C

        Loading editor
    • perhaps? It could be taking place in the ec universe but nothing's for certain now

        Loading editor
    • with any luck this could be cleared up in the novel, though if it isn't then we'll pretty much be in the same spot we are now

        Loading editor
    • Hi Anon, I would love to hear [8. Reunion], especially the part when "Emuei" is sung. It would be great if you can put up that part!

        Loading editor
    • Emuei wrote:
      Hi Anon, I would love to hear [8. Reunion], especially the part when "Emuei" is sung. It would be great if you can put up that part!

      Here you go! It also includes a small bit of the intro to [9. The Pure Evil]

      link

      I'm going out now, so I won't be able to post any more clips until the end of the day. Although, I'm not even sure if I could post anything else, since nthing else is really all that interesting and I don't want to post too much of the song. Maybe if anyone has something specific in mind?

      I can still respond through text though

        Loading editor
    • honsetly it sound more like it's rin saying "Ma"

        Loading editor
    • Hmm, maybe it's Rin with gen + a filter then?? Or Luka with -gen. When I first heard it, I thought it was Luka since it sounds different from how mothy tuned Rin in her parts of the song, but upon replaying it a few times I can definitely see how it sounds like Rin. Part of me feels like the tone of the voice itself is Lukas, but I'm just not too sure

      It could possibly even be both of them together; it would work given the context. Regardless, I'm curious to see what everyone else thinks

        Loading editor
    • I have a feeling the ambiguous tuning is on purpose

        Loading editor
    • Aaah...I wanna listen because I'm sooooo curious, but part of me wants to wait and go into the whole thing blind! I mean granted, just by reading some of this I already spoiled myself a little, but still...

        Loading editor
    • The intro to [9. The Pure Evil] sounds like Boss Fight music and that makes me really excited (almost more excited than I got today when talking about getting a large 24 pack of size 13 batteries for cheap) 

      It sounds like Luka singing Emuei; and I'm struggling to hear the Rin, but I think it's possible Mothy might have overlapped and then edited the Gen filters?


      I'd really like to hear the [6. Not Eve] part of the song if the User is still uploading; although I know they don't want to spoil too much of the song (I don't blame them lol).

        Loading editor
    • (Graves Anon)

      I just preordered the album on Amazon.jp and it says it'll get here in November(?) so I'm a little confused about that and the fact it's preordered. Isn't it released already?

      But anyhow I ordered it so idk--.

        Loading editor
    • The "Emuei" sounds 100% like Luka to me, Rin's voice doesn't to my knowledge have the capacity to sound that deep and mature.

      It would make sense if the tuning is trying to evoke Rin, though, or if it does turn out there's a Rin in there making that echoey effect.

      Is there a part of the album booklet that says what Vocaloids are used?

        Loading editor
    • 72.28.205.169 wrote:
      (Graves Anon)

      I just preordered the album on Amazon.jp and it says it'll get here in November(?) so I'm a little confused about that and the fact it's preordered. Isn't it released already?

      But anyhow I ordered it so idk--.

      The album isn't on amazon. I think you preordered the novel.

        Loading editor
    • 72.28.205.169 wrote:
      (Graves Anon)

      I just preordered the album on Amazon.jp and it says it'll get here in November(?) so I'm a little confused about that and the fact it's preordered. Isn't it released already?

      But anyhow I ordered it so idk--.

      May I see the link from where you preordered it? Because, as far as we know, the only thing that's coming out in November with "master of the heavenly yard" in it is the upcoming "Deadly Sins of Evil: master of the heavenly yard" novel.

        Loading editor
    • v4 rin can easily be mistake for sounding like Meiko or Luka

        Loading editor
    • Listening to it, it's still far softer/higher pitched than the one saying "Ma."

        Loading editor
    • Octofan wrote:
      Is there a part of the album booklet that says what Vocaloids are used?

      Unfortunately, no. The only album pages are the story with Hale, the lyrics, the cast list, and afterward; the lyric pages don't include the singers.  Also, the "emuei" part isn't even on the lyrics sheet to begin with.

      And as someone who has Rin V4, I can agree with Mistress that she can sound like Meiko if she has enough gen. I've never tried to make her sound like luka (because it's easier to do it with galaco neo), but I suppose it could be possible through editing the bri, bre, and cle parameters. Yet, there wouldn't really a way for rin to emulate Luka's pronunciation/tone, which is the reason why I think Luka says that line.

      HouseofAustrich requested Not Eve, so here it is

      Miku's voice getting deeper never ceases to amuse me

      I remembered I made an account a while back, so here I am in non-anon form

        Loading editor
    • I want to hear the whole thing, it's not fair TT^TT

        Loading editor
    • mothy asked the song to not get passed around until the pv releases tomboy :b you could always buy the album for yourself between now and then

        Loading editor
    • (Graves Anon)

      It is the novel I'm an idiot rip.

      Well there's no need to complain anyhow then I guess since I planned to get the novel as well lol.

        Loading editor
    • MoonlightAbsol wrote:

      HouseofAustrich requested Not Eve, so here it is

      Miku's voice getting deeper never ceases to amuse me

      I remembered I made an account a while back, so here I am in non-anon form


      Bless!! \Thank you! 

      What is that background instrsment? It sounds like woodblocks sorta... Probably just the synth making it sound weird

      I like the voice getting deeper effect, although its a little silly; it's like a recording (or gears)  slowing down when something is old or not well-maintained. Also, you weren't kidding about the loud beeping noise. I think I'm going to need a better hearing aid after that lol (rip headphone users like me)

        Loading editor
    • Tobimisa wrote: mothy asked the song to not get passed around until the pv releases tomboy :b you could always buy the album for yourself between now and then

      But I don't even know how to buy it, even from a site that I never shop from. And I can't even read Japanese.

        Loading editor
    • then you'll just have to wait like everybody else Xb

        Loading editor
    • the background of Not Eve sounds like wooden xylophone

        Loading editor
    • Hello!! I am an E.C fan and have never posted anything before but I had a question and am wondering if anyone has a definate answer. Is The Master of the Heveanly yard the last song chronologically in the series or just the last song all together? I really do not want the series to end and need some closure on this topic. Thank you!

        Loading editor
    • Mothy confirmed in the afterword that this is the end to the Seven Deadly Sin series, but he's still finishing up the Clockwork Lullaby series, which means we have at least 3 more songs in the works. Whether he will keep making songs after that we don't know, but the possibility is definitely still out there.

        Loading editor
    • THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! My sister and I love this series and I cant let it go just yet!!  Thenks again for the info and quick reply!! 

        Loading editor
    • Hey, uh, I'm streaming Master in the Heavenly Yard just in case anyone is interested: http://lets.rabb.it/886j/luXXI12CPF

        Loading editor
    • You know Mothy doesn't want anyone to be distributing that song before it's official release, right?

        Loading editor
    • Octofan
      Octofan removed this reply because:
      It's completely inappropriate.
      02:57, August 23, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • Can people who own the album be a little more careful about sharing the audio? It only takes one unscrupulous fan who doesn't care about mothy's wishes to upload the entire thing on Youtube or some other popular video site.

        Loading editor
    • I don't think streaming the song is any better than sharing the file, it still ends in people who didn't buy the album listening to it

        Loading editor
    • The point of contention is more that streaming it publicly allows for many more people to see it (and for one person to potentially rip it to Youtube where it gets exponentially more popular) whereas individually sharing it keeps it among a few people, who presumably can be trusted not to put it on any highly trafficked sites.

        Loading editor
    • redladydeath on tumblr scanned the album, with HQ scans i can read it better. I'll recap the new names:

      • Yvette [Hakobi]
      • Vlad [Tsuperushi]. A pun on the rl Vlad Tepes (Tepeshu). Is Tupels okay?
      • [Kurasukee] Glassred. Idk how to render this. Clasquet?
      • Gilles [Dorie]. De Rais in japanese is "Do Re". I agree with misstress' suggestion, Derais, it keeps the pun, even if it was convey the accurate pronunciation
      • Salem [Danbaa]. I really don't know what this is referencing. I found it Danbaa is translated as Dunbar, but can't find anything greed/witch- related
      • (Barbara Barba confirmed) (i couldnt read it well enough)
      • [Byakko]. Possibly a reference to the white tiger of Chinese mythology, since it's called byakko in japanese.
      • [Yuka Musubi]

      I didn't write all the new names because some of them were already decided upon. You can see the scans (and cast list) for yourselves here

        Loading editor
    • I have had all the texts in the album typed so if you guys need to use it for the articles or anything, just let me know.

        Loading editor
    • Not sure but Dunbar is a refernce to Robin Dunbar a british scientist; and DsoE:MoN mentioned him as :  "British gentleman himself."

      Robin himself has nothing greed or witch-related. 

        Loading editor
    • This is just my theory but I think Yuka Musubi (seen it translated as Muspi) is Clarith's foster mom

        Loading editor
    • Scarletta Agni wrote: Yuka Musubi (seen it translated as Muspi) is Clarith's foster mom

      I wouldn't mind that. By the way, it cant be Muspi because the syllable is clearly a "bi" (we couldn't tell with that low quality photo before)

        Loading editor
    • I know, just saying cause on the best compiled list I know of has it as Muspi

      so I guess it'd be Musbi or how about Moseby

        Loading editor
    • How I Met Clarith's Mother

        Loading editor
    • is my mothy album page good enough to be posted?

        Loading editor
    • Cherubim Venomania (the last name came from the album correct?) should probably be linked to Sateriasis' page and Sateriasis Venomania to Sateriasis the former. Mira Marlon I'm assuming you're just preparing for when her page gets up. Neruneru Nerune should be linked to her Minor Char section. Lucifenian Resistance should be included since Germaine is mentioned. Lucifenia and Elphegort are mentioned too. You also might as well remove the events tab since no events get mentioned. We can change all the new names on there after we definitively discuss them so no biggy how they're spelled.

      Finally for the trivia, remove "were" and "are," since the tense is completely arbitrary. Should be "The way Riliane and Allen pose" and "the way Kagamine Rin and Len pose"

      That's all I can think of, so correct those and you can post the album page.

        Loading editor
    • Shouldn't the album's name be capitalized as "Master of the Heavenly Yard"?

        Loading editor
    • it's written lowercase but *shrugs*

        Loading editor
    • i just put it as the title because it's all written in lower case. and now that you'e mentioned that this wiki has a weird habit of capitalizing wrongly

        Loading editor
    • From what I understand it, we try to keep the capitalization, punctuation, and grammar of all English titles the way Mothy himself writes it, like with the song English titles. That's why we have that weird habit.

      I'm not sure that we apply that to the titles of the articles themselves, though. I don't know if we have a precedent for that.

        Loading editor
    • Well Drug Of Gold is written as Drug of Gold on this wiki

      Also some of mothy's official english translation are ignored in favor of fan translations

        Loading editor
    • Unless you're talking about Fifth Pierrot, which we already had a long discussion of, can you list what translations have been ignored? Actually should maybe put it on the translation discussion forum

      I see though, Drug of Gold is Drug Of Gold on the infobox but not elsewhere. It looks like our policy is have proper capitalization on all article titles, in which case you'd need to change Master of the heavenly yard to its proper capitalization. ...It should probably be written as Drug Of Gold elsewhere on articles though < <

        Loading editor
    • it's mostly lyric translations

      "Goobye my lover" became "Goodbye, the one I love" for example

        Loading editor
    • "Goodbye my lover" is the English alternate title of the song, it's not a translation of the lyrics. But if you think it's important that the lyrics match the English title, feel free to bring that and other issues you have up in the translation discussion thread, especially since it's not that big a change.

      Anyway for right now, I think the Master of the heavenly yard album page should probably received proper capitalization if that's what we do for all the other pages.

        Loading editor
    • Perhaps we should instead discuss wether we should capitalize the way we're doung currently? I mean doesn't it make more snes to capitalize it the way the way they actually are written?

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, that's fair. We kept the awful grammar and missing apostrophes in for the titles of some of mothy's other works so capitalization shouldn't be any different.

        Loading editor
    • I'd like to bring up that it was changed to "goodbye the one I love" in the lyrics because in muzzle there's a part at the end where it's like "goodbye the one I love, the one I hate," which is obviously supposed to be a parallel to the line in the revolver. so it was translated to work with that, otherwise we'd have to translate it as something like "goodbye my lover, my hater"

        Loading editor
    • I mean, I always translated that line as "goodbye my lover, my nemesis" in my head, but that admittedly sounds awkward given that the singer is.... y'know....

      But it does work, even if it's odd.

        Loading editor
    • I don't think "hater" would be a good word, I mean with all the internet memes and slang it would make it too hard to take the song seriously.

        Loading editor
    • Not to be a stickler, but I will remind people this is the Heavenly Album discussion and it might be better to, if anyone else wants to comment on this issue, take it to the translation thread.

        Loading editor
    • There is MEIKO too. In [4. Heroes],"Are sins indisputably unforgivable? 罪は決して許されぬのか?" "There was a person who raise one's voice声をあげる者がいた" is sung by Len and MEIKO. We can know this from booklet, Germaine is on good terms with Riliane even they joined party together. So it will be Germaine. There is no need to use Rin on this part. Also, in whole song, there isn't any part that Len and Rin sing together. 

        Loading editor
    • The fact that they're partying together doesn't necessarily mean that she's singing in that portion.

      I personally think Meiko's providing backing vocals in that segment as well, but I'm just saying you can't really use that bit of the booklet as supposed evidence for it. It's really about being able to hear her voice in it.

        Loading editor
    • If we consider that enbizaka is set on edo period, it important to know that in edo period, it was a trend to women add an O the their name, so technically Oyuka would be Yuka Musupi

        Loading editor
    • Interesting, I seem to always miss the tiniest details when studying Japanese culture.

        Loading editor
    • Clarith's mom: is literally the mother of a Very Important Character

      - apparently not on the list

      Oyuka: is there just for a bit. helps Rin with her hairpin I think.

      - apparently is there

      mothy you're killing me

        Loading editor
    • At least if that's true it clears up how we're supposed to translate it ;w;

        Loading editor
    • Guys we now have something important to consider, nwo that Josephine is put in "cast" and is canonicly considered a characters, does that atleast warrant her a minor characters section?

        Loading editor
    • Maybe at least minor. I'd say she might even have enough for a page herself (with a trivia about how mothy put her in the cast list?) but given how she's a horse there's not much you can put in Personality that wouldn't be an unsupported assumption. 

        Loading editor
    • yeah i figured since thath short story that would exapnd on her perosnality got cancelled she might not warrnat a page

        Loading editor
    • I skimmed through Cloture's translation and I could only find two sentences about Josephine's personality.

        Loading editor
    • .... w.. wrong Josephine..

        Loading editor
    • Are you sure? I was told it specifically was Josephine the horse that was listed. Or at least, there isn't a last name "Francois" next to it.

        Loading editor
    • it's got the harem girls like Mewtant on it so i assumed it was Francois

        Loading editor
    • It's possible, but it begs the question of why he didn't put the last name.

        Loading editor
    • see mothy this is the problem with references

      it does this to us trying to figure things out

        Loading editor
    • Josephine the horse is mentioned in the song's lyrics, so I think it's safe to assume that the "Josephine" in the cast list is referring to her.

        Loading editor
    • Josephine is definetely Riliane's horse. It can't be Josephine Francois as there's no surname.

      It wouldn't be the only name he forgot, as Minis, the lucifenian revolution guys, and even Mikulia Calgaround are missing from the list.

        Loading editor
    • I could do a section for Josephine

        Loading editor
    • I think we need to amke sure to make a plan to atleast fix the songs things and atleast some nemesis stuff before the last novel comes out

        Loading editor
    • What song things? You mean the capitalization stuff?

        Loading editor
    • That and general song information (the page itself is on me). We shoudl really fix all the minor hcaracters in judgment and nemesis

        Loading editor
    • As I said way up above, my preference is that we implement all the necessary updates from Judgment and Nemesis (at least) before touching on updates from the song. I'll add more WIP tags to the pages that need fixing when the article cleanup thing gets finished. 

      Even then, it might be better to wait for the Heavenly novel to come out to implement updates on that since it will likely cover the events of the song in way more depth and clarity.

      If anyone wants to start adding the song's info now, though, feel free as long as we're making as little assumptions on the facts as possible. We have a translation of the album and song available, even if the page isn't up yet.

        Loading editor
    • I think that once I've finished the song page I can atleast start listing every character we've missed in the minor judgment characters page. I could also work on Lilith Balledold.

        Loading editor
    • Bumping for easy access, thank you Misstress. I think a list would be appreciated so people know where to begin, although anyone who wants to start now can begin checking the WIP category.

        Loading editor
    • I think Gandalf has enough to get a page and while we all do love lotr jokes, he's not named after the wizard, he's named after the figure in norse mythology, Gandalf the dwarf, and the name literally means "the elf with a magic wand", he was known as the dwarf who kept tally on the other dwarves(but he wasn't the king)

        Loading editor
    • Still, it's hard to take Gandalf seriously because of his name being famous in the LOTR and the Hobbit.

        Loading editor
    • Given the other norse references, I'm sure the norse reference is the one Mothy is aiming for.

        Loading editor
    • when should we expect the PV to come out?

        Loading editor
    • all we know is that it'll come out sometime after the novel, which I believe is coming out in november

        Loading editor
    • He didn't say he'll release the pv after the novel. He said he'll finish writing the novel and then release the PV.

        Loading editor
    • All I've heard is that the pv is coming out after the novel, there's a possibility that there's two slightly different translations going around or it's just the affect of word of mouth information being slightly warped. but either way I think it's safe to say that the pv is coming out sometime around november

        Loading editor
    • What I heard is that he was going to finish the novel and then start working on the PV 0o0/

        Loading editor
    • I tried to tag each page that needs updating (with Envy, Greed, and Wrath novel updates) with a WIP tag (although I may have missed a few.) 

      These are the pages I'm hoping to have finished before the Heavenly novel comes out; if you'd like to help with updates, just check the WIP category.

      We also need pages for Vlad, Marie, and Salem, and there are likely pages to be made for minor characters on the Judgment list. We might also need a page for Zeus, and we'll need to add sections for Muzzle characters.

      That's all on top of all the name changes still being processed.

      > >; I don't know if that covers everything

        Loading editor
    • I'll get on to list all charcters we haven't covered yet

      btw should i work on  a josephine section?

        Loading editor
    • I don't see why not, although I'm not sure if we've all properly agreed to give her one.

        Loading editor
    • So the musical is avaliable on dvd, should i go ahead and post the page?

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, you can feel free to do that. If you don't mind, I'd like to have Price look over the synposis before/after. 

        Loading editor
    • I think we shoudl settle wether "Evillious Chronicles" is an official translation or not. The EK album gave us the english translation "Chronicles of Evillious" and I've heard some arguments that "Evillious Chronicles" might be incorrect but it would take too much time to clean up that mistake. But I don't think pretending that we didn't make a mistake is a good solution. We can't change the wiki name but we could fix the pages atleast. But we should atleast try to ask mothy what's right.

        Loading editor
    • I don't think either translations are particularlly different in meaning, so it seems like quite a bit of effort to change a rather wide spread precident for a translation that ultimately doesn't clarify anything. I'd also argue that evillious chronicles sounds better but I'm not sure that has any merit in this discussion so

        Loading editor
    • It not about what "sounds best", that isnt' really relevant here it's about what official and what isn't

        Loading editor
    • misstress, I said in my comment that that point wasn't that relevant, so I really don't appreciate you honing in on that and ignoring my main point.

      moreover, I don't think asking mothy would really give us a definitive result either, since his translation skills are dodgy at best. if we set a precident of using mothy's official translations for the series then shouldn't we change all of the song articles to the official english titles he's given us? "ladys" and all.

      if anything we should ask price what she thinks since she's the translator we've chosen for our translations.

        Loading editor
    • Like I said, it's not about what we think, translator's opinions are irrelevant when we are looking for the official translation

        Loading editor
    • it doesn't have an official translation yet because there is no english version of the series. so you'd just be asking a japanese man what an english phrase should be. by that logic we absolutely should change each and every one of our song titles because the official translation is not an accurate one.

      mothy has not hired any translators to work out how the name would be translated, and I doubt he's put that much thought into it himself. you're literally arguing that we should completely forgo accuracy, in which case what's the point of "fixing" the translation at all?

        Loading editor
    • THere are official translations of titles such as "The Lunacy of Duke Venomania" in a previous album the official english we were given was "Chronicles of Evillious" but we haven't been able to settel on wether it is the title of the series or just the name of the calendar.

        Loading editor
    • I didn't say there weren't any official translations of the titles in general, in fact I pointed out that damn near every song has an official english title but we've haven't been using them this entire time because they aren't proper translations.

      what I'm saying is, I highly doubt mothy meant for these translations to actually be official english titles. he's not marketing to an english speaking audience and was surprised to find that there was one at all. english words in japanese media are meant to look cool to japanese people, they shouldn't be taken as a literal translation meant to be servicable to an english speaking audience.

      official does not mean accurate and all of our translations have stressed accuracy.

      when mothy sits down and decides to bring this series to the west officially and translates the series as "chronicles of evillious" then you'd have a point, but as it stands I don't think we should treat it as an accurate translation if it isn't one.

        Loading editor
    • "The portrait Glassred Drew" isn't an accurate translation yet we use it anyway because it's the official. Other than pierrot(which we couldn't decide be cause we got multiple) what transaltions aren't we using?

        Loading editor
    • I'd argue that we used lunacy and portrait because they're close enough to if not the exact same meaning as the originals that it didn't matter. moreover, I personally wasn't aware that portrait wasn't an accurate translation and I've never seen what it should be then, so I wouldn't know if we're actually sacrificing accuracy here.

      but they're only two songs, one of which was chosen before a different title had been popularized at all, it's far less effort on every angle to change one song title than it would be to change the whole series.

      also, every single song has an official english title. including lunacy and portrait. if we're going off of what's official and not what's accurate then "Daughter of Evil" should be "The princess of Lucifer," "Servant of Evil" should be "His significance of existence," "Regret Message" should be "Fallen Angel," etc.

      those are the official english translations that mothy gave us and we aren't using them. that's well over 50 articles that have set this precident of accuracy over official.

      moreover, you're doing that thing again where you attach onto one thing that I said that wasn't even the main point of my arguement and then completely ignore the rest of it. I had a point and I'd appreciate if it was taken into account.

        Loading editor
    • And for the record, I would have argued against changing it to lunacy at the time if I was present for much of the same reasons, but I wasn't there. but even then, I'd argue that a vast majority of people in the fandom still don't know about the name change, and what this means is that video titles that use translations informed from this wikia are going to get less attention than those that use the well known translation, because they won't show up as high in search results.

      this means that people who don't know about the wikia are going to have a harder time finding people that do.

      and while that's a price I'm willing to pay for accuracy I don't want to force it unnessarily for what's "official" if there isn't even an officially translated version of the series.

        Loading editor
    • 1. The English titles mothy has given the series are intended to be alternate English titles, NOT translations, so they are not relevant to this discussion. We would not be changing articles to them in the first place. Portrait Glassred Drew is not an example of this (for the record, we use it because it makes it clear that Glassred is the one who drew the portrait, whereas a more literal translation would imply it simply belonged to her or that she was the subject).

      2. I'm pretty sure that when we had this discussion in the past, we decided that Chronicles of Evillious was not intended to be the series title but just a description of the timeline, because that's the page it was on. So this is not the "official" translation of the series.

      3. I would argue the series does not have an official title to begin with. If I recall correctly, it's commonly referred to by mothy as the "Evillious series". "Evillious Chronicles" is a fan name. As I recall, when we had this argument in the past, we reached the conclusion that since it was a fan name anyway (something even the Japanese fans use) there was no point in changing it. I could be misremembering though, I can't seem to find the discussion.

      4. It would be prudent of you to make a different forum post for this discussion because it has nothing to do with Master of the Heavenly Yard. As such you are clogging it up with this needless arguing.

      5. We do have a precendent for not following an official translation if we feel it fudges the meaning too much. "Fifth the Clown" was changed to "Fifth, Clown" for the sake of accuracy, but it was NOT changed to "The Fifth Clown" because that distinctly altered the meaning in a way we knew was wrong.

      6. I guarantee mothy isn't thinking that hard about his English when he makes these "translations". His audience is Japanese, as Tobimisa has pointed out.

        Loading editor
    • Misstress, you should know that this discussion, (which I agree with the anon is pointless for the above reasons), belongs on the name retranslation thread and not here.

      I'd also point out that mothy usually refers to the franchise by its individual series names anyway, like Seven Deadly Sins series.

        Loading editor
    • Hey quick question aren't Lionel Corpa and Bruno (EC 325) the same person?

        Loading editor
    • Depends on why you say so; I don't even know who Lionel Corpa is, much less what connects him to the Platonic Bruno (I assume he was mentioned in the cast list?)

        Loading editor
    • Platonic Bruno's description is that he joined the assiciation and took the name "Bruno" and then helped Platonic

      Lionel Corpa's description says he joined the organization's "lucifenia branch" and took the name Bruno and helped Platonic

      is there anything that separates them?

        Loading editor
    • Well it depends; is 325 Bruno in Lucifenia? Does the section that discusses Lionel clarify that he's also the Bruno Platonic talked to about the Conchita Mansion? 

      We know there can be more than one Bruno, and it's possible Platonic talked to more than one Bruno. Does the novel make clear she only got her information from a single Bruno?

        Loading editor
    • That's what I'm asking

        Loading editor
    • I haven't read the novel, so I don't know. If you don't know, then no, we're not going to assume they're the same person.

        Loading editor
    • Also, again, this is the thread for discussing Heavenly information. This thread is not just a miscellaneous latest thread for discussing everything. There is already a thread on the Conchita novel

      These posts take up space and make it harder and harder to load the thread, and eventually it will have to be closed to make a part 2. Please, please take your issues to the appropriate threads and leave this for discussing the Heavenly releases.

        Loading editor
    • It's heavely related because if we have two "Bruno"s there's no way to know which is mentioned in the album, I went for Bruno in doe because he has the biggest presense.

        Loading editor
    • Masterofheavenlyyardstreamtease
      aaaaa

      Aaaaaaaaaaa

      AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

        Loading editor
    • Ooh, I like the little parallel to Cloture that they made there. Except they're smiling now

        Loading editor