The Sudou Family[note 1][note 2] was a family of tailors living in Enbizaka, Jakoku. One of its most prominent members, Kayo Sudou, became infamous for perpetrating the Enbizaka Murderer Scandal. The family line later continued on in the Union State of Evillious through Ma.
Sometime during the EC 800s, Nagare Sudou fell in love with Kagura Octo and married her, becoming tailors in Enbizaka. In EC 822, Kagura gave birth to a girl, Kayo. The family later entered into a feud with the Miroku Family. In January of EC 838, Kayo married Gakuga Octo and Kagura fled the family. Later that year, Gakuga and Kayo had a son, Ren.
Enbizaka Murderer Scandal
The family was later caught in the great fire sweeping through Enbizaka at the end of the year, killing Ren and severely burning Kayo and Gakuga. Following the fire, Gakuga was recovered by a traveling monk and, suffering amnesia, joined his profession as "Gakusha". Around the same time, the Octo Family took in Kayo until the tailor recovered from her burns in early EC 842. After swapping bodies with Elluka "Ma" Clockworker, Kayo systematically murdered each of the Miroku Family with her tailoring scissors throughout the year before being arrested and executed for the crime.
A century later, Ma took on the identity of "Kayo Sudou" and had an affair with Gallerian Marlon, birthing a daughter, Nemesis in EC 964. Ma immediately after abandoned Nemesis at their home in the Millennium Tree Forest. Nemesis later became a PN assassin for Gallerian before turning on her master and father during the Leviantan Civil War in August of EC 983. Joining the Tasan Party in EC 989, Nemesis became the dictator of Elphegort four years later and plunged the world into war before destroying it in EC 999, killing her mother shortly beforehand.
Hell on Earth
After the destruction of the Third Period, all the dead members of the Sudou family residing in the Heavenly Yard were dragged back down to the earth as the ground world merged with the Hellish Yard.
Conceptualization and Origin
- The surname Sudou is part of a pun on the English word "stalker" when combined with Kayo's name.
- In Deadly Sins of Evil: The Tailor of Enbizaka, the Sudou name is written in kanji as 首藤 in Japanese kanji, using the kanji for "head" and "wisteria", respectively.
- Deadly Sins of Evil: The Tailor of Enbizaka – Chapter 1, Act 2
- Deadly Sins of Evil: The Tailor of Enbizaka – Chapter 1, Act 3
- Deadly Sins of Evil: The Tailor of Enbizaka – Chapter 1, Act 1
- Deadly Sins of Evil: The Tailor of Enbizaka – Chapter 2
- Deadly Sins of Evil: The Tailor of Enbizaka – Chapter 1, Act 7
- "Seven Crimes and Punishments" – Wrath
- Deadly Sins of Evil: The Muzzle of Nemesis
- "Seven Crimes and Punishments" – Prologue