The Sudou Family[note 1][note 2] was a family of tailors living in Enbizaka, Jakoku. One of its most prominent members, Kayo Sudou, became infamous for perpetrating the Enbizaka Murderer Scandal. The family line later continued on in the Union State of Evillious through Ma.
History[edit | edit source]
Early History[edit | edit source]
Sometime during the EC 800s, Nagare Sudou fell in love with Kagura Octo and married her, becoming tailors in Enbizaka. In EC 822, Kagura gave birth to a girl, Kayo. The family later entered into a feud with the Miroku Family. In January of EC 838, Kayo married Gakuga Octo and Kagura fled the family. Later that year, Gakuga and Kayo had a son, Ren.
Enbizaka Murderer Scandal[edit | edit source]
The family was later caught in the huge fire sweeping through Enbizaka at the end of the year, killing Ren and severely burning Kayo and Gakuga. Following the fire, Gakuga was recovered by a traveling monk and, suffering amnesia, joined his profession as "Gakusha". Around the same time, the Octo Family took in Kayo until the tailor recovered from her burns in early EC 842. After swapping bodies with Elluka "Ma" Clockworker, Kayo systematically murdered each of the Miroku Family with her tailoring scissors throughout the year before being arrested and executed for the crime.
Evillious Affairs[edit | edit source]
A century later, Ma took on the identity of "Kayo Sudou" and had an affair with Gallerian Marlon, birthing a daughter, Nemesis in EC 964. Ma immediately after abandoned Nemesis at their home in the Millennium Tree Forest. Nemesis later became a PN assassin for Gallerian before turning on her master and father during the Leviantan Civil War in August of EC 983. Joining the Tasan Party in EC 989, Nemesis became the dictator of Elphegort four years later and plunged the world into war before destroying it in EC 999, killing her mother shortly beforehand.
Hell on Earth[edit | edit source]
After the destruction of the Third Period, all the dead members of the Sudou family residing in the Heavenly Yard were dragged back down to the earth as the ground world merged with the Hellish Yard.
Known Members[edit | edit source]
Relatives[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
Conceptualization and Origin[edit | edit source]
- The surname Sudou is part of a pun on the English word "stalker" when combined with Kayo's name.
- In Deadly Sins of Evil: The Tailor of Enbizaka, the Sudou name is written in kanji as 首藤 in Japanese kanji, using the kanji for "head" and "wisteria", respectively.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Deadly Sins of Evil: The Tailor of Enbizaka – Chapter 1, Act 2
- Deadly Sins of Evil: The Tailor of Enbizaka – Chapter 1, Act 3
- Deadly Sins of Evil: The Tailor of Enbizaka – Chapter 1, Act 1
- Deadly Sins of Evil: The Tailor of Enbizaka – Chapter 2
- Deadly Sins of Evil: The Tailor of Enbizaka – Chapter 1, Act 7
- "Seven Crimes and Punishments" – Wrath
- Deadly Sins of Evil: The Muzzle of Nemesis
- "Seven Crimes and Punishments" – Prologue
Notes[edit | edit source]