After founding a village in Enkoku, Jakoku during the sixth century EC, Saruteito married and sired progeny, founding the Rangu Clan. She later smithed weapons for the Tokugawa faction during the Jakoku Civil War. She later reforged the Twin Blades of Levianta as scissors and entrusted them to Gaou Octo before being burned to death by Julia IR in EC 549.
Enbizaka Murderer Scandal
Her successor then took up her mother's name, appearance, and mannerisms in her honor; the tradition continued to be passed down to each family head throughout the generations. In EC 842, the 16th Saruteito was tasked with finding the legendary blades forged by the 1st Saruteito, joining a band of villagers heading for Onigashima to begin her search for the twin blades.
Hell on Earth
After the destruction of the Third Period, all the dead members of the Rangu clan residing in the Heavenly Yard were dragged back down to the earth as the ground world merged with the Hellish Yard.
Conceptualization and Origin
- The clan's name is written as 乱倶 in Japanese kanji, roughly meaning "acting contrary to disorder".
- Deadly Sins of Evil: The Tailor of Enbizaka (first appearance)
- Seven Crimes and Punishments (story) (alternate timeline; first mentioned; indirect mention only)
- Seven Crimes and Punishments (album) (indirect mention only)
- Master of the Heavenly Yard (album) (mentioned only)