- "'Cause my time is infinite anyhow."
- ―Elluka Clockworker[src]
Chrono Story is a song released by Akuno-P on December 22, 2010 in the Evils Kingdom album and later uploaded to youtube with a PV on May 8, 2011 and to Nico Nico Douga the next day. It is the sixth song in the Clockwork Lullaby Series, tying both to the Seven Deadly Sins Series and Original Sin Story together as part of the Evillious Chronicles.
The song starts in Held's Forest as Hänsel asks Gretel if she can hear birds or see the moonlight. Gretel replies that she actually hears the "cry of the forest" and sees the light from the fire. The twins recount how they killed the woman they called "mother" and found the Original Sin she left behind. They split her Sin into seven pieces: Lust the Flower, Gluttony the Seed, Pride the Gems, Envy the Spring, Sloth the Wind, Greed the Soil, and Wrath the Forest. In the process, they unleash the Seven Deadly Sins into the world and pray that it will keep turning.
In response to this event, the tree of Held asks an old friend, Elluka Clockworker, to retrieve the sins. At this she considers how she was given immortality after destroying "that which was precious," but only feels emptiness as a result. Concluding her thoughts, she agrees to do so as long as it keeps her entertained, stating that her "time is unlimited anyway". The PV then depicts Elluka going on her journey to find the Sins. It shows the four main harem members, Maylis Beelzenia, Gumina Glassred, Lukana Octo, and Mikulia Greeonio. At the end of the PV she arrives at Duke Sateriasis Venomania's mansion.
Tale of Abandonment on a Moonlit NightEdit
Tale of Abandonment on a Moonlit Night shows Eve Moonlit's murder at the hands of her children in the year prior to Chrono Story, as it details the twins' previous lunacy.
The Lunacy of Duke VenomaniaEdit
The Journey of Two Mages ~Great Wall and Watchman~Edit
The Journey of Two Mages ~Great Wall and Watchman~ shows a continuation of Elluka's quest to gather all the Sins, traveling East with her new apprentice in pursuit of the Twin Blades of Levianta.
Seven Crimes and PunishmentsEdit
The song Seven Crimes and Punishments makes several allusions to Chrono Story, narrating the events in history caused by the Seven Deadly Sins; several of the song's lyrics also parallel those of Chrono Story.
- Venomania Event (appears in PV)
Conceptualization and OriginEdit
- The root word chrono is Greek for "time"; this theme is reinforced by Elluka's remark that her time is limitless as well as the gear that appears at the end of the song PV.
- The song title's romanization (Kurono Sutori) can be interpreted as meaning "Dark Story" (Kuro no Sutori).
- The Evils Court booklet lists the song as a secret exchange between Elluka and Held and that his leaving from the mortal realm was crucial for the creation of Evil's Theater.
- Later in the booklet, Gammon Octo summarizes the events of the song; humorously, he comments right after that having so many characters complicates the story.
- In the song, Wrath is represented by the color white; it is later represented by the color green in Judgment of Corruption.
- Before introducing Elluka, the song PV depicts several of her bodies: her original form, her swap with Lukana Octo, and Ma after her swap with Kayo Sudou.
- The two words in the Swap Technique's activation phrase (ノロク リトス, noroku ritosu) use the same characters as the song's title with the characters in each word reversed.
- In the Clockwork Lullaby album, Kiril Clockworker grieves Elluka Chirclatia, growing angry at Elluka Clockworker.