The Akashic Recorder[note 1] was a device used for collecting information. Developed by the earthlings, the device was utilized to gather and provide information regarding entire worlds, allowing the user to learn at an accelerated rate.
At some point prior to the completion of the Third Period, the earthlings developed the akashic recorder. Around BT 528, TALOS installed his akashic recorder into his Black Box, setting it to record the Third Period's information from its beginning by reading the memories of the souls that had entered the Heavenly Yard. He also later disposed of the other earthlings' akashic recorders and put them in the Grave Yard.
Sometime after the death of Allen Avadonia on December 26, EC 500, the sun god had the boy begin studying Black Box's recorded information. On January 30, EC 611, Behemo used the box's akashic recorder to quickly learn the Third Period's history. Allen later returned to use the recorder for his study of the ground world's events until its destruction by Punishment in EC 999.
The akashic recorder was capable of collecting and processing large amounts of data, to the point of accumulating information about entire worlds depending on its settings. The information could then be disseminated to the device's user telepathically, becoming intrinsically learned by the individual relatively quickly. While able to record details about every individual creature living in a world, the recorder was limited to compiling basic quantitative information about any given being or event without any additional qualitative information or context. The one employed by Sickle was similarly limited to recording memory data only from souls who went to the Heavenly Yard. The device could be installed in other devices, making it a versatile tool.
Conceptualization and OriginEdit
- The device is likely inspired by the Akashic records, a compendium of thoughts, events and emotions believed by Theosophists to be encoded in the astral plane.
- Before departing for a parallel world, Hänsel and Gretel discover similarly-named akashic records while cleaning Evil's Theater II.
- Seven Crimes and Punishments (story) (alternate timeline; first mentioned; indirect mention only)
- Pierrot & SCP Bonus Story (mentioned only)
- Seven Crimes and Punishments (album) (indirect mention only)
- ↑ アカシックレコーダー